Our Professional Ant Treatments
For successful ant control, it is essential to identify the ant species present correctly and, if possible, locate the nest.
Our treatments are designed to eliminate the source of the problem by killing the queen and the nest. We will use a combination of products to get the best results.
Whether you have ants invading your house, ants digging up dirt between your pavers or biting ants in your lawn, we have a solution.
Indoor ant treatments can include:
- Application of ant baits in areas of activity
- Use residual sprays to provide ongoing protection
- Dusts/powders are applied to roof voids
Outdoor ant/lawn ant treatments can include:
- Application of granules to lawns and pavers
- Use of residual sprays to provide ongoing protection
- Direct spot treatment of ant nests
The ultimate aim of any ant treatment is to eliminate the nest causing the problem. If you don’t completely kill the nest (including the queen), the population will rebound, and the problem will return.
With Spiderman SE, the ants don't come back!
How Our Ant Treatments Work
It needs to be slow-acting to give the ants time to take it back to the nest and spread it throughout the colony, before they start to feel its effects. As such, it can take three days or more for a noticeable drop in ant activity… but the results are permanent!
The challenge in using baits is to choose the correct bait for the ant species present, as they all have different food preferences. Baits can be based on sugar, protein or fat and come in liquid, gel or granule formats. This is where the expertise of Spiderman SE kicks in and we can select the best bait for your situation.
These specialist ant sprays are “non-repellent”. The ants cannot detect them and walk over the treated surfaces. The insecticide has a delayed effect, so over the next few hours, before the ant dies, it can spread the insecticide to its nest mates.
How to Prevent an Ant Problem
There is not much you can do to prevent an outdoor ant problem, except to have a professional ant treatment. However, you can do a few things to reduce the chances of an indoor ant problem.
Ants often come indoors looking for nutrition and moisture. So, if you remove sources of food and water, you will make your home less attractive to ants. Our top tips:
- Clear up any spilled food
- Clean down and under the oven/fridge regularly
- Do not leave unwashed dishes out overnight
- Do not leave pet food bowls out with food in or unwashed
- Food should be stored in tight “ant-proof” containers
- Put rubbish into sealed bins and stack it away from the house
- Fix any leaking taps/pipework
Ants in the house or taking over the yard can be very annoying.
Supermarket products just don’t seem to do the job – the ants keep returning!
Spiderman SE has the expert knowledge and specialist products to take care of your ant problem, for good!